Rules & Regulations
CODE OF MARYLAND REGULATIONS (COMAR10.44.22.04)
- A licensee shall maintain cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification from one of the following programs:
- The American Heart Association’s Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers;
- The American Red Cross’s Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation for Professional Rescuers; or
- An equivalent program approved by the Board.
- A licensee seeking renewal shall complete not less than 30 full hours of continuing education, including 2 hours of infection control.
- A licensee seeking renewal in 2011 and thereafter shall complete a Board-approved course of 2 hours in abuse and neglect.
- The 2-hour, board-approved course in abuse and neglect required by §C of this regulation shall:
- Be completed by each licensee every other renewal cycle;
- Relate to Maryland law on the subject of abuse and neglect; and
- Count toward the 30 full hours of required continuing education.
- Optional Pro Bono Program. A licensee seeking renewal may receive up to 8 continuing education hours for providing volunteer pro bono dental or dental hygiene services in accordance with Regulation .07 of this chapter.
- Cultural Competency. A licensee may receive up to 4 continuing education hours for Board-approved courses on cultural competency.
- A licensee who has received a license within 6 months of graduation from an approved dental or dental hygiene school is not required to fulfill the continuing education requirements of the Board for the first renewal following initial licensure.
- A licensee who is on inactive status shall provide evidence of compliance with the continuing education requirements of the Board for the 2-year period preceding application for reactivation of the licensee’s license.
- A licensee who fails to obtain the required continuing education due to disability or retirement shall comply with this regulation within 6 months of the licensee’s return to practice.